Wednesday, December 30

Momoment #18

Hello,
Hope everyone is doing well at the end of the year and for some end of the decade.
In WOW the big news lately has been patch 3.3 and especially the LFG tool, looking for group tool.
Lets step back before patch 3.3 for 5 years of WOW all players would of course either go into instances/raids with guildies or use the chat channels (the trade chat for some reason) and the previous useless lfg menu option. An additional fact with WOW has always been PUG - pick up groups or you can imagine any other variations you wish. Basically people dreading to group up with any other players on their server to complete the dungeon dailies or trying to complete a raid and down another boss.
Before 3.3 pugs as I stated were the stigma and pretty much everyone I know/knew/read/listened to hated doing pugs but it was/is a necessity. You basically had to at some point do a pug and the few lucky thousands that were in a guild did not have to worry about it and could not understand what the big deal is. WOW in my opinion has always been interaction with other, such as life. No matter if you are a loner, guildless, outcast or just someone that does not want to play with others to people that live, strive for the people interaction within a guild and would not play because of that. I think one big fact we all forget playing this great game is that on each of our servers, there are thousands of people we are interacting with and majority of the people you are playing with you do not know (or did not know). What that means is that all these strangers have to interact, mesh together their play styles and personalities. No matter if you agree or disagree, each of us plays a different way even slightly and our personalities shine through our characters.
Take me, I am pretty laid back in game and out of game; I am also patient with how people are in instances with either how they attack the mobs, strategy or how they greed on silly loot like they will never get into the dungeon or just because they are greedy.
Taking all of the different personalities and play styles, than you need to take into consideration that some people just do not know how to play WOW like others or they just have bad gear and are trying to gear up (and you need to remember that like it or not!). What I mean about that is that (before 3.3 and now as well) some people are good tanks some are not and same for dps and healers.
The first 2 weeks of 3.3 I really was enjoying the few times I or my guild had to use the LFG tool to pug the last dps spot or which ever spot. No issues, we are well geared and paired up with similarly geared players from other servers. Some people say hello and do not say a word after that until the last boss is down and say a goodbye. Other or chatty cathys or interact some in chat. In all the experience had been ok, I would even say to my surprise pleasant.
Until the last few days and a few pugs I was paired up with in LFG. One the tank started before I (as healer!) and one dps were loaded in to the instance; he/she was already at 50% downing the first pair of mobs and from there did not stop. I mean REALLY did not stop, for mana, food, buffs, coffee, for anything!
So to my self I was says: " REALLY!!!!" but I was willing to giving the tank the benefit of the doubt and go with the flow and after a few mobs, almost to the first boss I was able to buff the group as well as another person was able to throw their buffs and we of course sat to get our mana up at lest to 70%.
Personally with 70% as a priest healer I can pretty much heal a well geared group with no issues even on a boss. BUT....
There goes the tank onto the other group as we were not even up to 50% mana! REALLY!!!???
So from there please tell me what you would do, I really would like to know. Of course I could let the tank die and most likely wipe the group or just deal with it like I had been and heal him and try to get mana up some way.
Well I went with A, I did not heal him and just stood back, healed the dps a bit. Tank dies, and repeat it one more time just before the boss and the tank actually says: " heals?"

REALLY!?!?!?!

I usually keep myself in check but this time I could not, I say: "feel free to wait for us to get our mana up or let us know if you want to solo this place"

Was that harsh, I think not but let me know, Please.

So what happens, we all res come back mana up, buff up, and tank is waiting, waiting, we say we are ready and we are waiting.....ZZZzzzzz

REALLY!!!!

The tank asks: "ready?"

WOW! YES we are ready!

Than we continue and tank goes back rushing through the instance so I just had no choice to deal with it and left as soon as the instance was done and did not even care about the loot.

Just a few thoughts, I really would like to know what else I could have done and what you all would have done.
I could have left but in the beginning before i was locked in the instance but I don't think that is very productive; get into pug after pug and leave just because of some people basically being idiots in my opinion.
I could have just let the tank die and try to make him/her understand but that would be a waste of time as many things in life you cannot make everyone understand common sense (or at least to keep other group members in mind and not to be selfish).

So please let me know because I encountered other tanks like that and even dps in other groups that just would not wait a second for the tank. I am all for hurrying up but does it really hurt or kill you to wait a few seconds. Just like while we are all driving and I have been guilty, when we race drive, cut people off to than stop at the stop light.

I believe people are in a rush because they are trying to finish all the heroic instances to get all the badges they can each day. Also, in WOW, not just in pugs, I think game wide people just don't consider the other players in the game; many have the " me me me" mentality, just as in life. I say the people that are open minded and considerate do need to deal with it because we are not going to change peoples minds. I can not heal and let the tank or dps die but as I said that is not production and proves nothing. Perhaps for a few seconds it may satisfy you but I truly think that is not the way.

For my instances perhaps I could have said in the group chat to hold up, and I did not. I don't think that would have changed the tank or dps and how they played. But never know, I can try it the next time because I think it will get worse in some instances and I will also have more awesome LFG/pug experiences.

I hope your gaming is fun and please keep others in mind. We are all playing online with others and it is no different in real life; where you would keep a door open for a person you can also wait a few seconds for your group members or greed something that clearly should not be needed!!! oh wait that is another blog post.

Have a great week,
Happy Holidays,
Happy New Year!


--
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment