Friday, July 3

The treasury… (“There is a fine line between coincidence and fate”)

Philomar, with a wide smile, stood up from his seat, “Ah yes, if it is agreeable, you three please follow me to my treasury.”

“It is VERY agreeable,” said Beasley licking his lips and rubbing his hands greedily.

“I must warn you, if you take what is not given to you. It will let me know. And the consequences will be dire.” Philomar directed the statement toward the halfling, and then gave him a smile and a wink.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Beasley huffed. “Just because my people are known to have sticky fingers that does NOT make me a thief!”
The four of them step toward the treasury. Solcloud rolls his eyes impatiently. Huffing, he flops back into his chair. He was starting to feel impatient and had to wait, yet again to crush evil.

They reach a large anteroom before a set of ornate doors without handles. The doors are moldy, old, battered doors. To the average thief or observer, these would be the doors to the stables, not the treasury. With a wave of his hand, Philomar opens the doors to reveal another long hallway with doors along either side.

No comments:

Post a Comment