Wednesday, April 1

Things I wish I knew as a new player that would have come in handy now

When I first started playing WoW, I just thought it was a fun game that brought to life these fun little characters. I enjoyed the social aspect and the different scenery, but didn’t really think much about it.

I then learned about the ‘Defender of the Timbermaw’ an item you can get once you are exalted with the Timbermaw. I MUST HAVE IT! I MUST! (After all, I am a squishy and don’t always have a healer on hand.) Thus began the grind…

Let the killing begin! OK, sorry I got a little carried away with that. Ahem… The way you gain reputation is by killing enemies of certain factions (or helping to kill them), completing quests for that faction or turning items in. The first two options are pretty obvious, so I won’t be boring and tell you about them. The turn in part, I will tell you about.

Being the experienced noob that I am, I didn’t know about the turn-ins. I am in fact, embarrassed to admit that I would more than likely be Exalted with EVERY faction in game, had I not sold items that could be used for rep turn in. (Hindsight is 20/20 huh?) These items range on what they can be. (If you do a Google search for rep turn-ins for WoW, all kinds of lists will turn up. That and I am just too lazy to list EVERYTHING, I mean come on guys, you need to do some work for yourself /smile.) Often times, you will know these items because they have the white text and you can find them at the auction house selling for an exorbitant amount of money. (Go, farming gold, go!)

Now, I know you are asking yourself why you would want to have a good reputation with different factions. Let me tell you! One great thing, when you hit ‘Honored’ you get a 10% discount with the vendors. (This really does add up) As you gain rep, they also have wonderful bonuses…some are items you can use or recipes for really good items.

After I had my eyes opened to the wonderful things you can have, I have been very aware of watching my reputation climb with the various other factions. It really is pretty easy to do once you get it down and something that a lot of people don’t know about as they do get started on WoW.

Now go out there and get yourself a reputation!

~ Bela ~

No comments:

Post a Comment