Tuesday, June 23

My knee update

Due to all my fans being concerned about my well being through Twitter. I decided it would be a good idea to give everyone an update on my condition.

I have had severe complications with my knee surgery.

Currently I have been ordered to stay off my knee completely. When I went into surgery last Tuesday (June 16th) I was at risk for having blood clots after the surgery. (This was due to the last time I had knee surgury ten years ago when I got blood clots in both calves.) So they put me on a blood thinner, Cumadin.

I started having pain in my knee and my foot since Sunday, June 21st at about 12:30 AM. Yesterday, June 22nd, I called my Ortho and he told me to go to the Emergency Room and have an ultrasound taken to check for clots.

I went to the ER from 6:00 PM to 10:15 PM.

Come to find out my knee is filled with blood. My blood is actually too thin and my white blood cell count is 15,000. (Norm is 10,000)

So I was given a shot of Vitamin K to start thickening my blood back to normal levels. I have been ordered to stop taking the Cumadin immediately. I have to call the Ortho this morning to see him and check if he wants to drain my knee of the excess blood and risk infection or talk about further options.

I will keep everyone informed about Ol' Xan and his ability to tank with a gimp knee soon enough.

I want to thank everyone who has twittered me their regards. I truly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment